Thursday, October 10, 2013

Planters Nut-Rition Review and Fail...Food and Fitness Journal for October 9,2013

Hey there fellow fitness junkies!! I know I didn't post yesterday or Wednesday but Tuesdays are hectic for me. I work until 2am and by the time I get home I am BEAT! You probably won’t see many posts from me on Tuesday. I am here today though woot woot and what a great day it is! Today was a B-E-A-Utiful day in upstate New York. If you have never had a chance to experience New York in the fall than you are missing out. It is gorgeous up here with all the changing leaves. Today was rather warm for this time of year and the sun was shining bright. It put me in a good mood right from the get go. Good mood=Energy= Good Workouts!!

On today’s menu:
Breakfast:
Leftover New York Strip Steak about 4oz. with Pepperidge Farm 15 Grain Bread topped with Fit and Active Strawberry Jelly.

Lunch:
Chicken Springrolls with Thai Chili Sauce and sliced strawberries.


Dinner:
Mardi Gras Mac n’Cheese which you can check out in this link http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/10724210/stovetop-mardis-gras-mac-cheese/ It was soooo good. Creamy and flavorful! It felt like a cheat meal but it really wasn’t. With under 400 calories per serving and as easy as it was, I think this will become a go to recipe in my house!










Snacks:
 Planters Nutition Banana Granola Nut Peanut Butter and an apple! (Quick little review on this peanut butter. I was so excited when I saw this the other day. I was thinking “peanut butter! Bananas! Granola…all my favorite things in one place!! Wooo.” Well what a disappointment it was. I do not like it one bit. The texture is nice and I like the crunchy bits of granola but the artificial banana taste is overwhelming. It tastes too fake and I just can’t handle it.)
I also had a Fit and Active Vitality Cereal Bar after the gym in the Strawberry flavor.
Planters Nut-Rition Energy Mix Banana Granola Nut Peanut Butter


Workout:

            Yet again I hit the gym with one of my best friends. I have a membership for Planet Fitness so I try to use it as much as possible. Today we did the 30 minute circuit that they offer. The idea is 60 minutes of exercise with a 20 second rest. We split it up by doing a machine then cardio with the step and then the next machine. We went until we had done every machine. We split up the step work by doing different moves on the step. We did toe taps, knee ups, glute lifts, side leg lifts with a one legged squat, and quick ups and downs. It was fun and we got a good workout. We then walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill doing a hill climb program. It was a good workout and I loved having a friend with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment