Monday, October 28, 2013

Hectic Halloween and Healthy Fall Snacks!



Woohoo it is Halloween week!! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love all the decorations and dressing up. I love carving pumpkins and handing out candy to trick or treaters. As I got older and reached the drinking age Halloween also enjoyed going out with my friends to the bars with our Halloween costumes on. With as much as I love Halloween it was also a time of year that really got me down. Costume shopping was always a dreaded experience. All of my friends would get these cute little skimpy outfits and I would be the one wearing a frock. Now I never wanted to prance around town in a bikini but I always wanted to look better in a costume. To at least be able to find something cute!

This year is the first Halloween in years where I put on my Halloween costume and felt great. Now I know I have a lot left to do and there is still a lot of work to be done but this was a small milestone for me. A milestone that made me go "woooo I can do this after all." I was going through my phone and looking at some pictures from a couple months ago and it finally hit me how far I have come already. Seeing the difference in my photo's was really rewarding. It makes me want to keep going and keep succeeding.


This weekend was full of Halloween fun. Friday night I worked a Halloween party for work. I am a bartender and we had bands play and there was a costume contest. It was a lot of fun! I had such a confidence boost that night! Saturday I went to a costume contest with my family. We had been constructing the costumes for a long time and had hours and hours of work put into them. We all made minions!!! We won the contest and had soooo much fun. I did have a couple beers but didn't go overboard. Plus with as hot as the heads were I think I sweated out most of them.



Workout:

Today was a pretty relaxing day around the house for the boyfriend and I! We rarely get time off together so we took advantage of it and spent the afternoon watching movies and relaxing. I told him though that he had a couple options 1)Go to the gym 2)Go for a trail run or 3) Do an at home workout with me. He chose option 3 and let me tell ya he worked his butt off but so did I. Since he is just getting back in to being active I picked something that would be challenging and fun for the two of us.
It was a really fun workout and we were covered in sweat by the end. I love when he joins me in a workout but it doesn't happen too often!

Food:

Breakfast: Yoplait Light Harvest Peach Yogurt and a banana.

Lunch: A good ol' PB&J with a twist. Bimbo Whole Grain White Bread with Fit and Active Strawberry Jelly and the Jif Whipped Peanut Butter. 

Dinner: I made a slimmed down version of our favorite meal...Chicken Broccoli Alfredo! I used Priano Light Alfredo sauce from Aldis. I also cooked some chicken breasts lightly in garlic infused olive oil. We used Organic Whole Wheat Shells and I added steamed broccoli to mine! It was soooo good.


Snacks: Zach had a craving for popcorn so we made some all natural popcorn. Literally we took it off a dried corn cob. It was delicious! For dessert I ate a Weight Watchers Ice Cream Candy Bar.


I also put together some Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal for breakfast for the next couple days. I found the recipe here and it came out pretty awesome! I had home made applesauce that my mom made and apples from her trees and it made it even that much better. I also prepped some chicken for the week since the oven was already on.


I am looking forward to what this week has in store. It is the end of my Dietbet...eek!!! As of this morning my goal was met so I am confident when I weigh in on Wednesday I will be on point. Now to decide what challenge to do next. I like having a challenge and having something to look forward to. I am a competitive spirit and like trying to bet a goal. I was looking into a challenge via. GNC today so I may do that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment