Monday, October 7, 2013

Great Success, I like!! Food and Fitness Journal October 7, 2013

Well hello there fitfam! Today was another successful day in the books. I can honestly say that I am really proud of myself today. I not only did a smashing job on my diet but killed my workouts today as well. There are days when you beat yourself up for your mistakes and then there are days like today where you smile at your triumphs. I needed a day like today after some of my slip ups this weekend.

I find it funny that I was so upset about how I ate this weekend yet didn't gain an ounce. Oh the trials of holding yourself accountable.

Food Journal for the day:

  • Breakfast: Ham and Egg Scramble. I used half liquid egg whites and half egg substitute. I also had whole wheat toast with Fit and Active Strawberry Jelly. It was a quick and delicious breakfast. 
  • Lunch: I had Better Than Oats Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal. I know oatmeal is not a typical lunch but I needed something quick to make and it was filling. 
  • Dinner was the Skinny Selection Chicken Sausage in Spinach and Garlic that I mentioned in the post right here! They were delicious as always. I also had some steamed carrots with them! 
  • Snacks: Apple, Tribe Zesty Spice and Garlic Hummus with Special K Savory Herb Crackers, and Nature Box Sweet Blueberry Almonds. If you don't know what Nature Box is clickity click right here!

These are so delicious. They are lightly dusted in a sweet blueberry coating. Perfect for a sweet tooth


Workouts:
This week started another new week for my challenges so the new Tone It Up Schedule was posted. Today's workout was just a Full Body Toning Routine. I played through the workout on the Tone It Up page but it wasn't what I was in the mood for so I instead did the workout below before going to work. I have been keeping track of all my challenges by writing them on a calendar!




This was a decent full body workout. I felt the burn and broke a sweat. I do feel like some of the exercises were rushed through but overall I liked it. I love Rebecca Louise and her videos were always my favorite ones on the Xhit Daily YouTube channel which is another great workout source. 

After work I still had some energy to burn and felt I could do more work so I met a friend at the gym. We did 40 minutes of cardio on the Cross Trainer and then did a killer upper body circuit. 

We did 4 variations of free weight bicep moves. We did 12 reps of each move and repeated that twice. I used 5 lb weights. We did an overhand bicep curl, a regular bicep curl, outward underhand bicep curl, and a descending bicep curl with a hold at the bottom. 

Next we worked on triceps at the cable machine where we did an ascending weight/descending rep pattern. We went down in reps but upped the weight. The reps went 15,12,8. We completed cable tricep extensions facing away, cable push downs with an overhand grip, and then low rows. 

We finished with some shoulders and did the reps just like the bicep set. We did overhead press, side lifts, and front lifts. 

Overall, a wonderful workout and my arms were noodles!! 

I will say that I hit a major accomplishment today. I was able to fit into a pair of pants I have not been able to wear since March of this year. I was elated and so happy! Just when you think it isn't working you start to see results. I know there is still a lot of work to be done but I was proud of this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment