Has it been forever since I wrote a blog post or what? The last couple months were busier than I could even manage and I just had little to no free time on my hands. I started a new job...well two which I am very excited about and just got caught in the whirl wind of the holiday season. Thankfully, I stuck to my healthy habits pretty well. Now don't get me wrong I had a Christmas cookie or two and enjoyed family dinners but I didn't turn those splurges into anything more than one meal or one cookie.
I also stayed on track with my workouts throughout the month as well. I have been kind of all over the place with my workouts but I am staying active no matter what. I try to at least have 5 days with cardio and I strength train 3 days.
This year I am all about bettering myself. Usually my resolution is to lose weight but since I am already doing that I decided to make more specific resolutions.
· Eat slower!
· Better portion control. Use my food scale more and measure my foods better.
· Drink more water.
· Eat less processed crap. Even though it’s “fat free,” doesn’t mean it’s healthy.
· Cook at home more and meal prep weekly
5 Kitchen Wishes:
· Keep less junk food in the house.
· Clean out old spices and buy fresh.
· Use more fresh herbs in my cooking.
· Recycle more.
· Switch over to glass BPA free storage containers.
5 Fitness Wishes:
· Try new things…classes, challenges…whatever!
· Stretch everyday.
· Take rest days with stride and learn to not feel bad about letting my body rest.
· Do more workouts with my boyfriend.
· Step out of my cardio comfort zone. Try cycling or start swimming!
5 Life Wishes:
· Stop putting off things till the last minute. Make to-do lists and actually do them.
· Plan a vacation with Zach.
· Continue to chase my MUA dream.
· Be more financially aware. Record what I spend and cut out unnecessary splurges.
· Take more time to relax even if it’s just meditating 5 minutes a day. Stop worrying so much!
I I can't wait to kick my Fitness up a notch. I am still doing Dietbet's though I keep saying "this one will be the last one." I just like money too much haha. I was mostly sucked in this month because two of my favorite fitness bloggers were hosting them. The Blogilates challenge is going to be fun though because she has a lot of interactive stuff on her blog that goes along with the challenge like workouts and meal plans. She also added extra bonus incentives.
December In Pictures
My sibling and myself with my grandmother. I just love this picture. Apparently black was our color this year.