Monday, November 18, 2013

Love With Food Box November 2013 Pictures and Review!



Happy dance, happy dance! I opened my mailbox the other day to find my little red box of joy waiting for me. It was my much anticipated Love With Food Box. If you are unfamiliar with what Love With Food is click here to see last months box and a description of what it's all about.

There are a so many things to love about this company. I could go on forever about them. This month's box was just as awesome as the last one. Since I have only gotten 2 boxes so far and really love both of them I can tell that this company and I are going to really like each other. The November box is AMAZING let's go through what came in the box.

This month's box was inspired by Chef Ryan Scott and was called Flavors of Fall. This month all the meals that Love With Food donates will be donated to Harvest from the Heart which donates Thanksgiving meals to the needy. I love the generosity that Love With Food has.
This box like last month's was packed full to the top. Just a quick glance inside and I could already tell I was going to love the contents. 
The first product was a pouch of tea from Mighty Leaf tea. It describes it as a balance of floral and citrus flavors with a touch of ginger and lemongrass. I have never tried this brand of tea but I LOVE tea especially this time of year so I can't wait to try it. I also love the cute little sachet that it comes in though I think I am going to be sad that I have to throw them out. They look like they are made of good materials. 
I then got a packet of Sweet Corn Crunch from Sensible Foods. I haven't tried these yet though I think that Zach is more excited about them than I am. 
I also got a little packet of shortbread cookies from the Dancing Deer Baking Co. The flavor intrigued me since Rosemary is not something you typically see in a cookie. It tends to be more of a savory seasoning. I won't lie I didn't love these. Now they weren't bad but they weren't out of this world either. I don't like Rosemary all that much and these really tasted like Rosemary. The cookie was nice though. Not too sweet with a nice crumbly texture. I would like to try other products from this company but probably not this flavor ever again. 
The next package was of gourmet popcorn from a Seattle based company called Kakaruza. The flavor is Tuxedo which is a caramel corn with millk and white chocolate. This package made it long enough for me to take a picture of it before I opened it. It was AMAZING!! Buttery, sweet, and creamy from the chocolate. It was so good. I am already wishing that the bag would magically refill itself but for my waistlines sake I am glad that it doesn't. 
I think I am going to give this one to my mother. It sounds delicious and I would love to devour it but she loves anything maple and I know this is probably right up her alley. This is a Maple Fudge from Laura Secord. It's a pretty decent size of fudge. 
Next we have an Almond, Apricot, and Yogurt bar from Eat Natural. I have yet to break into this but the ingredient list and nutritional content is pretty impressive. With an endless see of nutrition bars out there to chose from I like that this has the yogurt coating which kind of sets it apart from the others I have seen. 
Next is a bag of PopChips in Sweet Potato. I have seen PopChips a million times all over the place but I have never tried them. I am weird when it comes to textures of food sometimes. I don't like the texture of products that want to be potato chips. For instance I hate Pringles, Munchos, and Special K Cracker Chips. It isn't the flavor that bothers me but the texture I don't like. On the outside of the package that is what PopChips makes me think of. I am excited to get to try them and see if I was wrong about them. 


Next we have some Organic Dark Chocolate from Green & Black's. I already know that I love this stuff so this was exciting for me. I also love the cute little brown satchel it came in. I like to buy the Green and Black's bars and break of a piece and put it in my coffee in the morning. It's a great way to satisfy my sweet tooth and sweeten my coffee without a pound of sugar. 
The last thing I got the an Authentic Indian Spice Blend from Arora Creations. I just happened to have a package of Asparagus in the fridge when I got this and knew I was having a lunch date after the gym with a friend so I was pumped to use this. It was everything I anticipated it would be. It was a lovely Indian flavor and reminiscent of a Curry Masala. A little sweet but packed with wonderful flavor. I would love to add some chicken to this and place it over some rice. 
The last thing in the box was a collection of coupons for various things. 

Overall, I absolutely love this box. I think it is worth every penny I spent. I am eagerly awaiting my next box already. 

If you want to check out Love With Food or sign up click here


No comments:

Post a Comment