Sunday, November 3, 2013

New Chobani Flavors and Other Healthy Food Finds...New Monthly Challenges!




Hey hey there healthy people!! Happy November to everyone. I can't believe that the year is already coming to a close. It seems like this year flew by for me. I am sad to see Halloween come and go as well since it is one of my favorite holidays but alas that is how the world works. November and I have a love/hate relationship. I love November because it has Thanksgiving in it but I hate it because in Upstate New York Thanksgiving means that it is going to snow. I feel like I was just getting to the point where I really love working out outside and at some point this month that will all be taken away from me. I know there are plenty of people out there who will run in the bitter cold but I am not one of them.

Anyway, with a new month means new challenges and goals. If you have been reading my blog since it began then you know that I did a couple challenges last month and that one of them was through the website www.dietbet.com. Dietbet is a website where your goal is to lose 4% of your body weight in a month. When the bet begins you put a set wager amount in the pot and all those who make their goal split the pot at the end. Check the website out for more information on how it works. Last month I had many mixed feelings on the website and didn't know if I would do another challenge. I liked the financial incentive but it made me very scale conscious and a little anxious. Well I am doing another challenge. The girls at work all loved watching my success and really wanted to make changes themselves so we all decided to join one together. This month we are doing the Holiday Shape UP on Dietbet. Wager amount is $20 which is a decent amount. Come join us!!!

I also found a lovely little workout calendar that I am going to try and follow all month. www.fitnessista.com is where you can find it. She has a nice layout of workouts for the whole month of November with days assigned to different workouts that she has created. It looked like a fun way to keep yourself from falling into the gym boredom. I have been reading her blog for a while now and was excited to see her put up a challenge.

Monthly Goals:

  1. Drink more water...always a goal for me. 
  2. Plan more workouts with friends. 
  3. Allow myself to have cheat meals without beating myself up over it.
  4. Win my dietbet. 

New Products:

I finally found the new Chobani flavors of the flips. I have been looking for months with no luck. I went to a different grocery store than normal the other day and finally found them. I didn't get all the flavors because not all of the flavors appealed to me but I picked up 3 different ones to try. 


 The first flavor I bought was Peachy Pistachio which is peach greek yogurt with pistachios and dark chocolate. Three of my favorite things in one place, you know I'm excited.
 The next flavor is Tropical Escape which is a pineapple coconut flavored greek yogurt with hazelnuts, coconut, and granola.
 The last flavor I bought was Nutty For Nana which is banana flavored greek yogurt with dark chocolate and  honey roasted salted almonds.

They all sound amazing. I haven't tried any of them yet but I will let you know what I think.


The next find is the new Newtons Fruit Thins in Toasted Coconut with Dark Fudge. I am a coconut junkie I swear. If it says coconut on it or has coconut in it than I need to have it. I actually was on a mission to find the banana fruit thins but went with these instead. They are amazing!!! They are a healthier version of the Samoa's that Girl Scout makes. You get a good coconut flavor with chocolate without feeling so guilty. Now I will not claim these to be healthy but they are a better option if you have a sweet tooth.
Last is this Full Circle All Natural Mutigrain Pizza. I bought this for my boyfriend because if I can't get him to stop eating pizza at least I can make it a bit better for him. He actually really like it. It was still fairly high in fat and sodium so it is by no means a healthy meal but it is better than the alternatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment