Monday, November 11, 2013

Feeling Good!!...Food and Fitness Journal November 11, 2013!

Off to a great start this week. I woke up this morning feeling surprisingly energized and optimistic despite the lack of sleep. I am really feeling good about this month. I feel like I am going to make great strides this time around.

Food:

Breakfast- Odwalla Banana Nut Bar, Kahlua K Cup with Coffee Mate Eggnog Latte Creamer. 
 I can not tell you how excited I was to find this after my Eggnog Latte at Dunkin Donuts. It's a way to still get the delicious satisfaction of eggnog and coffee without all the extra calories. It did not disappoint. It was creamy and slightly sweet with all the wonderfulness of eggnog. 
Lunch-Arby's Market Fresh Turkey Wrap with Cheddar and No Mayo plus a side salad.

Dinner- I made a lightened up version of Chicken Cordon Bleu. I used chicken breast that I tenderized and flattened out. I then stuffed them with feta and Fit and Active Smoked Ham. I rolled them up and secured them with toothpicks and then dipped them in milk. After that I rolled them in a coating which I made out of whole wheat bread crumbs, paprika, pepper, and garlic powder. I baked them about 35 minutes at 350 degrees. I paired it with Bird's Eye Steamfresh Chef's Favorite Roasted Red Potatoes and Green Beans with Parmesan Olive Oil Sauce. The dinner was amazing and Zach LOVED it! I am going to be making it again. 

Snacks- Mandarin orange can in light syrup in between breakfast and lunch. I had a Fit and Active Protein Energy Bar in Cookie Dough while I was grocery shopping to ward off hunger and give me some substance before my workout. It was def not as delicious as it sounded. After dinner I had a Smart Ones Peanut Butter Sundae Cup for dessert. 

Workout:

I started first by warming up with this PlyoJam Dance Workout on FitSugar. It was so much fun and man did it get your heart rate going. It is a dance inspired plyo workout so there was a lot of jumping and a lot of leg work. My glutes were on fire and I hadn't even started my real workout yet. I love workouts that are so fun I don't feel like it is torture. Click here to check it out!

After that workout I did the new workout on the Lionsgate Befit channel on YouTube. Another great workout. This one really got my sweating and by the end I was officially spent. My whole body was feeling the burn but it felt soooo good. I loved the circuit and will def add this to my list of workouts to do again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment