Sunday, November 10, 2013

Scheduled Sweat Sessions And A Few Of My Favorite Things!




Hello there lovely fitness family. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Mine was busy and hectic but overall it was good. It marked the end of a long but glorious wedding season. I ate pretty well this weekend despite being on the go. I even fit in enough time for a good gym session tonight.

Weekend Food Recap:

Friday
               Breakfast~Log Cabin multigrain pancakes which I doctored up a bit with egg substitute, almond milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. They were wonderful and Zach loved them! 

Lunch- Honey Bunches of Oats with Cinnamon Clusters and almond milk. 

Dinner- Beef speedies and Wholy Guacamole 100 calorie pack with some multigrain tortilla chips. 

Snacks- Newton Fruit Thins Toasted Coconut Drizzled with Dark Chocolate

Saturday
Breakfast- Dunkin Donuts Turkey Sausage Egg White Flatbread with hash browns. I also treated myself to an Eggnog Latte! It was delish but a treat and will not happen again for a long time. 

Lunch-Mandarin Oranges 

Dinner- Half of a fried fish fillet and a salad with oil, vinegar, and lemon squeeze.

Sunday
Breakfast- Wholy Guacamole 100 Calorie Pack on a pita.

Lunch- Sweet Italian sausage link with peppers and onions...no bun.

Dinner- Hamburger with onion, lettuce, and ketchup. No bun. A huge dill pickle :)

Snacks- Dole Real Fruit Bites Apple Chunks. One piece of Wild Bills Hickory Smoked Beef Jerky.

Overall my weekend eating habits weren't horrible but they could have been better. I decided this week I need to really plan things out. Most of my botched workouts and cheat meals are due to poor planning and last minute decisions. I think I can do a lot better if I plan things out a bit better so I sat down this afternoon and planned out all my workouts for the week. A lot of cardio, some yoga, and kickboxing are in store and I am excited. Meal planning and prep will happen tomorrow night when I have more time. 

A Few Of My Favorite Things:

These things are AMAZING! Now they are not really healthy at all but they are packed with whole grains and fiber. I ate one a couple times this week when my stomach was really craving something sweet. It is a good replacement for a candy bar in moderation. 190 calories is much better than the 300+ that you can consume in one candy bar. 
Mandarin oranges are my best friend lately. I got a bunch of light syrup ones and have been loving them this week. They are sweet, natural, and not guilt inducing. 
Love love love this juice. I buy the big bottle and have a glass with my breakfast about 4 times a week. It is a nice and delicious way to squeeze in some extra nutrition. It is jam packed with all sorts of greens and fruits and vitamins. It's like juicing without having to make the juice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment