- I started the day with a healthy breakfast! Special K Fiber Plus Caramel Pecan Crunch Cereal with Vanilla Almond Milk. I also had a kiwi! So today was my first experience eating a Kiwi that wasn't already cut up and prepared for me. I had no idea how to peel or eat it! I literally had to YouTube the best way to peel and slice one! Man am I glad I did though because it was DELICIOUS!!
- I managed to drink all of my daily amount of water. For me that is a motha chuggin miracle because I never drink anything. No joke when I say I can literally go all day without drinking a single thing. I don't ever feel thirsty. I am some kind of weirdo when it comes to that. My coworkers at my old job used to give me a hard time about my lack of hydration all the time.
- I went for a wonderful run/hike with my boyfriend today. The fall foliage is beautiful and we have so many gorgeous trails behind our home to take advantage of. The first part of the run was wonderful. Great views, clear trails, and rolling hills. The last part was a beast. Rough trails that hadn't been used in a while, a lot of shade, and then a continuous uphill for about the last mile! It wasn't pleasant but we definetly sweat and felt the burn. We also through in some of our own obstacles along the way. We did 10 jumps back and forth over every log and squat jumps when we passed water. We ended up going 6 km and I burnt 440 calories according to my Crane watch.
- We also found a pear tree and an apple tree on our walk. I almost tripped on a pear and then looked up and discovered it. We stopped and ate one real quick and grabbed a bunch to take home. Thank goodness we both love pears because we had already picked up a half dozen of them from the produce stand earlier in the day.
- When we got home I taught Zach how to open/eat a pomegranate. He loved taking out the little pods and wouldn't let me touch it. He also loved eating them as well and said it may be his new favorite fruit. YAY! I love when I get him to try new things. I love it even more when he likes what I make him try.
- Finished out a wonderful night with a yummy dinner. I had shrimp skewers and one steak one. I also had mashed turnips and pasta with light butter sauce and herbs! I did a few things to make dinner healthier than I would have 3 months ago. Instead of eating a whole steak to myself I put a couple pieces on a stick so I wouldn't be tempted to eat a whole one yet I wouldn't be craving it. I also seasoned the turnips with butter flakes instead of actual butter. For the noodles I used light butter and herbs instead of a creamy sauce and cheese. It was all delicious and great after a tough workout.Overall I would say it was a great day!
Monday, September 30, 2013
Food and Fitness Journal: Sept.30, 2013
I am going to make my best attempt to blog daily about my workouts and diet! It is easier than writing it all down in a notebook! Let's see the highlights from today!