Thursday, October 3, 2013

Epic Fail Day...Fitness and Food Journal October 3, 2013!

Hey there fitfam. Well it is another wonderful day in the world of trying not to be fat and lazy! Today there have been some up's and down's...literally falling on the ground kind of down's. Today was a rather bummy day on my part due to having a day off. Aka. lot's of Pinterest and YouTube! I know I know I lead an exciting life.

I would almost say that I need PA classes (Pinterest Anonymous)! I am addicted to this website! There is just so many amazing recipes, fun crafts, and motivational quotes that I can not stay away from. I usually limit myself to only logging in at night but I was bored today! Here are some of my favorite discoveries of the day!!
And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
These Turkey Enchiladas which you can get the recipe for here

This Pink inspired Ab workout which you can check out here . After yesterday it is clear that I need to incorporate more ab exercises into my weekly routine. My core strength is atrocious.Pink's Ab Workout Routine | Video... its a must try to get those obliques tight!

Anyway moving on to the Highlights:

  • I have decided to hide my scale and only weigh myself on Mondays. I have a horrible habit of weighing myself every morning and it needs to stop. If I don't see a change then it affects my mood for most of the day and that is not okay! I can't judge my muscle gains or anything that way and don't want to be beating myself up. My Dietbet challenge is based on weight change so I am only going to weight myself on Mondays which is my check in day for the challenges. 
  • There was something about this picture that really spoke to me today. Now I do believe that that number is more than just a number and I want to see it change but it is not everything. 
  • I learned not to try and do exercises on just any old step stool because it will break. It will break into pieces and you will fall to the ground. ha I am glad no one was around to witness this actually. I suppose I should look into getting a step or bench meant for working out. I used to have one years ago but it got lost in the moving process.

  • I was super sore today. Even more so than yesterday and figured I should do a bit lighter workout. I opted for a walking workout and the TIU Toning routine that was on the Frisky Fall calendar for today. I have a wedding to attend tomorrow and don't want to be so sore I can't move!  
I decided upon this walking workout thinking that it was going to be a nice easy workout! Ha!! It actually was a nice little sweat session. When I first started out I wasn't sure. It seemed kind of corny and the overly enthusiastic NJ sounding woman made me skeptical. I don't know if any of you watch Orange Is The New Black (If you don't you should) but she reminded me of the ladies that shun Red from the walking group. Anyway, after a few minutes she grew on me and was quite uplifting. 

I then did the new workout of the week on Tone It Up for the Frisky Fall Challenge. If you don't know what I'm talking about then check out this post here. I am taking a full day off tomorrow so I wanted to do a little something extra. Overall a great workout for the day!
  • I know I post a lot of workouts from YouTube but it is a great tool for finding free workouts. I really like BeFit, Fitness Blender, and Pop Sugar! They have great workouts. 
  • Nom nom nom...

Food Journal today: 
  • v  B-Fast:   Kellogg’s Fiber Plus Antioxidants Caramel Pecan Crunch Cereal (So delicious! I always feel like I am having desert for breakfast with this cereal. Unfortunately I finished the box this morning and I bought it at Big Lots so I will have to see if it is even being sold anymore.) I had it with Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk. I also had a Yoplait Light Harvest Peach Yogurt!
    v  Lunch: Didn’t really happen…oops!
    v  Dinner: Was a delicious Salmon recipe that I found on the Food Network website (check it out http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/salmon-baked-in-foil-recipe/index.html
    v  Snacks: My homemade guacamole that I wrote about  in this post http://dropandgivemesexy.blogspot.com/2013/10/food-and-fitness-journal-october-1-2013.html
    I ate it with Clancy’s Multi-Grain Tortilla Chips which are awesome. I like the short ingredient list! This bag seemed more salty than in the past though which kind of threw me off. 

    I think overall, today was a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment